• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Hi. Just received the Blitz videos. Which CPT edition to use?

dljones2we

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Hi everyone. I'm new here and am excited to get started on the Blitz videos and prepare to take the CPC and CCS-P exams. I'm a little confused though which editions I have to have to prepare and don't want to start highlighting in my 2012 books if I definitely have to have the 2013 CPT/HCPCS and ICD-9 books. Can someone please advise, as I will probably take my exams by June or soon thereafter?

Debbie

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Debbie, welcome to the CCO community. We are both on one of the Facebook groups, Medical Coders Talk. Now, to answer your question: I think that the Blitz videos use the 2013 coding books.

dljones2we

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Hi Carolyn, and thank you. Yes, you have been very helpful there as well, and I appreciate it. I have ordered the 2013 books and am ready to get moving.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
You are most welcome. I think most of our Facebook Medical Coders Talk group members are here as well and you will recognize their names. Happy Studying and Coding!

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Yes Carolyn is correct. Laureen records the new year Blitz before the end of the year. This past year if you ordered after October I think it was you got an on-line version of the new year's Blitz once it was up and running. There is a lot of work putting together the Blitz but I think Laureen has it down to an art now. ;)

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
There is a FB study group called CCS Study Group and it is for anyone who is studying for any of the AHIMA credentials: Here is the link to the page: www.facebook.com/groups/191868417545232/. I hope you find it helpful. Great bunch of people willing to help you with your studies and even one member puts a daily question for you to answer (BIG HELP!!).

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Thanks for sharing Carolyn. That is one of the great things about a forum, sharing information and resources. Saying that don't forget to tell others about the forum. The more the merrier.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I do that, too! I share this group with one of the groups on Facebook. And like you said, the more the merrier.